Sunday 24 June 2012

My First Job


As you can tell by the picture, it is shoe shop. After my SPM exam finished, i planned on getting a job. My result for SPM comes out on March and i had four month of holidays. I did not want to waste my time sitting at home doing nothing so i went out to look for a job. While shopping groceries with my mother at Warta shopping mall, i went to the shoe shop to look for shoes. The name of the shop was MG Shoe Collection. They have a bright yellow uniform. My mother tagged along and went looking for her shoes instead. I was not fascinated by the shoes. While my mother payed for the shoes she bought, she asked the counter if there was any job offered. The lady said they did not have enough staff  and needed more people especially girls. So she told me to follow and meet her boss for an interview. I was very nervous as i never went to an interview before. It was really unexpected. I followed her with my wet palm and met Miss Teh her supervisor. Their boss did not arrived so i had an interview with the supervisor. She saw me and asked where did i live and how old i was. She asked personal question and then told me to start working on the first January 2012.

As my first day of work arrived, i came at 10 am that's the time i have been told to come. I came with a white shirt and a pair of black jeans. When i came i saw two girls and one boy sweeping the carpets and dusting the shoes. I went to the counter and saw Miss Teh, the supervisor. She told me that the shop opens at 10 am  and closes at 10 pm everyday. There is no holiday. The shoe shop opens every single day even on public holidays. After that, she gave a yellow shirt for me to wear as it was our uniform. Unfortunately for me, the size was very huge which was XL. There was no other size so i had to wear it. 

I met a few friends here at work. Which was Azam, Azim, Joe, Farah and Munirah. They were very friendly and helped me a lot. They gave me advises and showed me the way to the shoes storage. They were very nice and friendly. 

I worked there for only a month. My salary was RM856.00. It was very satisfying but i was exhausted. There was only a day off for every week and 12 hours of work. I did not have any social life and spend less time with my family. After i got paid i quit and said my goodbyes. It was a worth full experience and taught me a lot of lessons. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment