Saturday 23 June 2012

My first day in school



I moved here in Kajang in 2010. After my PMR exam finished i started moving with my whole family. I satyed here for about 2 years. Before this i was studying in Sarawak. When i was form 4 which i was 16 years old i went to a new school named SMK Jalan Reko. At first i applied for other school which was
SMK Jalan Tiga and SMK Jalan Dua. Unfortunately my application failed due to many students in that school so the only options that i have was SMK Jalan Reko.

At first, the school's named sounded really weird. I did not want to enter the school. My parents told me that the school is full of Indians. Which i grew more afraid after knowing its mostly Indians. I thought i would not like it there therefore on my first day of school i did not get excited at all.

I woke up late which was at 7 am. The school opened for registration until 11am. After getting ready, we set out to register around 9 am. My school was not far from my house. It is only 4 km away which is a 10 minute drive using cars. As i entered the school i saw a lot of Malay student  more then Indian student. I came in and  head to the office for registration. I entered the room which was only two student who have not registered. 

As i was waiting, i met new friends which was my class mate. The teacher came in and ask for my PMR result. Then she told me to enter the science stream class. She gave me direction to my classroom. My father sent me to the class. When i entered, there was no teacher. I came in and the boys showed me my table and chair. I sat right at the back next to Syarini, my new friend. My father said thank you to those who helped me and this is where it got funny. There was a boy named Azfar who was a prefect. He was not wearing a tie so my father asked him where was his tie. He said it was in his bag and my father told him to put it on if not the teacher will scold him. So he went and took his tie and wore it straight away. Then he shook my fathers hand and my father left. The class was laughing at that time.

As i was sitting down at my table. People around me asked my named and where i came from. I tried speaking in Malay's slang but they were weird by the way i talked. I said i was from Sarawak and they could here my raw language when i spoke Malay. I did not talk much because i did not have anything to say. I kept quiet for a while. Then in a week later i got used to the situations around me.

When you are a new girl in school you would always carry that feeling of afraid in your heart and that is what happened to me. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment