Saturday 23 June 2012

Memories in Australia



Memories are times where we go through it and start missing it or laugh and even cry after remembering it. Well, my memories in Australia are so beautiful that it made me cry a lot. When you visit other countries of course you miss it there unless you really hated the surroundings. Well i love it in Australia. The picture above is where i used to live. It was a long time ago but its still feels like yesterday. I lived there in 2000 until 2004. 

We lived in Perth, Western Australia. My father got transferred there to continue his Phd. His university sponsored our family's ticket. We lived there for four years. It was all in Allah's sustenance for us to continue our study over there. I was year one in 2000 and entered Coolbellup Primary school. I was wearing my hijab when i entered the school. Everyone was staring at me. I was their center of attention when i entered the class. i had to seperate from the class due to my English. This is because i did not know how to speak in English. Luckily there was a teacher from Indonesia who could teach me English. It took  about a month for me to be able to communicate with the others. I soon began to mix with the society and met new friends. I met a girl from Indonesia named Achar, an aboriginal boy name peter, Kate, Charlotte and also other Australian friends.

The surroundings of the classroom was very attractive. It made me want to study and play around. The classroom were wide and big. In front of the classroom there are tables for us to do our work. In the center of the classroom there was a mini library for us to read books or even take a nap. In the back of the classroom there were pictures and arts stuff for us to draw and make sculptures with play dough. The classroom is conditioned. Even the floors are covered with woolly carpet. 

Our class starts at 8.00 am and finishes at 3.00 pm. We have lunch time twice. Every time its lunchtime, we have to wear a hat to play in the sun if not we would get scolded. This is because we could get sunburn due to the heat. Over here has four season which is spring, summer, autumn and winter. On winter the only place that snows is in Sydney. Every morning, the streets would be filled with heavy fogs. its very hard for us to walk to school. Our school is only half kilometer. Its just right down the hill so we tend to not see clearly each morning. 


Over here we had a couple of terrible things happened. It was on Friday night where my little brother were sleeping under the computer table right next to the window with my little sister. My parents were watching television while my other siblings were in their room sleeping. I, in that case were in the kitchen. All of a sudden we heard a window break. I ran into the living room and saw someone threw a brick into the window and it landed right  on the computer table. It was so close that it did not fell and hit my sisters head. I was so shocked and cried. My little sister and brother did not woke up eventually. The next day my parents reported it to the police stations. They had to repair the window and from that night on we were not aloud to sleep in the living room. It was believed that hatures among us threw it because we were Muslims and it seems that we are terrorist to some people.


Apart from some days where bad things happens. It is the most memorable memories i have. Living in Australia is a chance in a life time. Not many gets a chance like this. I'm thankful to be able to study abroad even for a short while Alhamdulillah :)


No comments:

Post a Comment